- Mangos (frozen or fresh - I like the frozen ones because it's easy and it keeps the crush cold)
- Passionfruit Sorbet (you can interchange this depending on other flavours you like - you could obviously use mango sorbet but I like to balance out the mango & passionfruit flavours. We have also tried lemon which was nice but I definitely prefer the passionfruit and think it gives the closest result to the real Boost)
- Passionfruit (I use one passionfruit but if it's out of season where you are, passionfruit is also available in a can)
- A large handful of Ice Cubes
- Mango Nectar Juice (just less than one cup is perfect)
- Water (helps make sure the mixture isn't too thick - I use around one cup but sometimes have to add more)
- Black Chia Seeds are completely optional but it's good to add them for the health benefits
Then all you have to do is put it in a blender. I used the Nutribullet and blended for 15-25 seconds but you can blend until you get the consistency you're after. I wanted mine less like a juice and more like the consistency of the Mango Tango Crush at Boost - smooth, kind of thick, but thin enough to be able to go through the straw.
In the future I'm thinking of adding some supplements to the drink like protein powder, chia seeds, almond meal, or something else that's really healthy and good for you. Making your own juices or drinks like this one is a great way to add some extra healthy goodness in there.
Please give this recipe a go - it's so simple and is just like the real Mango Tango Crush! ♥