It's no secret that up until a couple of weeks ago I had abandoned my blog. I was uninspired, unhappy with the content I was producing and after a couple of months just stopped posting altogether.
Thankfully, something happened and my inspiration came back all of a sudden. A wave of creativity and inspiration came over me and I started drafting up blog posts and couldn't stop. Along a similar line, I also started to get a sense of where I am - both in my physical life (which I have a tendency to ignore and avoid) and as a spiritual person.
In a way I kind of expected the inspiration to come back around this time.I'd seen a lot of discussion about Mercury being in Retrograde which had led to a lot of people being uninspired and hesitant in many aspects of their lives. At first I didn't think about it much, but as time progressed I realised it had definitely had an affect on me without me knowing it.
I had been feeling lazy, unmotivated, uninspired and was questioning everything about who I am and what I should be doing. Those couple of months were a time for me to reassess, recuperate and formulate plans for the next year or so. Retrograde is now over and I'm ready to get the ball rolling and make things happen. I have a general plan for the goals I want to achieve and hopefully now I'll be able to use my newly cultivated inspiration to achieve them.
Another thing that helped me get inspired again was catching up on other people's blog posts.I've been enamoured by the creativity, beautiful pictures and words so many blogs continue to produce on a regular basis. These are just some of my favourites from the last month or so...
- Innocent Unplugged... In All Its Analogue Glory by Scarphelia
- How to Get Out of Your Head by Dylan at Rookie Mag
- Creating Dreams. by Samantha Heather
- Make A Distressed Wood Photo Backdrop by Mandi Johnson at A Beautiful Mess
- Recently... | Life in Photos by Megan Beth Kernaghan
- First Time With Kodak Portra by Dipped in Rococo
- 21 Things You Can Do to Avoid Writing Your Essay by A Sleepy Kat
- A Human of New York by Scarphelia
- Some Things in Film by Lamb Loves Fox
- How To Make New Friends as an Adult by Oddly Lovely
I really hope you check them out and find them as awe-inspiring as I do. Please let me know if you felt like you were in a slump for the last couple of months and how you overcame it. ♥