|Calico Bear in Mint / Canon 60D, Helios-44|
- Christmas was lovely. We didn't do anything particularly exciting - my brother and I got lovely gifts, had a night swim and played a bunch of silly games like "lets see who can name more tv shows than the other".
- I've had a really sore back for the last 5 days or so - today is the first day that I'm actually comfortable sleeping and walking.
- I'm on a break from work until January 6
- I've decided to do Project 52 in 2014 - I'm going to take select one photo from each week and post them on Tuesdays.
- My birthday is coming up on January 22 - I'm going to actually be 22 on the 22nd and I think I'm going to Sydney to celebrate!
- I really want to buy a typewriter. I know that's a bit odd, especially in this day and age, but there's something so nostalgic and romantic about them.
- I've started watching Joan of Arcadia and I really like it. I love watching shows from that time period, it seems to me like they didn't need a gimmick. I mean some might say that "God" is the gimmick in this show but I'm talking about other elements such as vampires, wolves, witches, dystopia, superheroes... I like a good family drama with none of that - it's enough for me.
- On January 18 I'm seeing The Lumineers for the second time with my brother. It's his birthday present to me and I'm really excited because they were so fantastic last time, even though I didn't know every song like I do now.
- Overall I'm just really optimistic about 2014 - I think it's going to be the year where I take action and participate in my own life. I feel like the last however many years I've been on the sidelines analysing and watching everyone else do things and I don't want that to be the same this year. I want 2014 to be a year to remember, a year for change. My motto for 2014 is "Do." It's such a small word but it means so much.
I hope you all had a lovely Christmas & I wish you all the best for 2014.